Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year!


Happy New Year!!! Here is a project that I would like to get started on. It came from a blogsite and I just love it. After a lot of searching on the internet, I finally found the pattern. Guess what! IT is in Japanese and I am not a good crocheter in the first place, so hopefully the person who did this will help me out a little. I need to figure out the crochet hook size for beginners and try and locate some yarn. Remember, I love out in the boon docks, and one does not just hop or drive over to the yarn shop in the middle of the afternoon. It is a great looking bag, I want to own it and make it!!!!!! Isn't it cute? If any of you want one, I will let you know more about it.

I LOST A WHOLE SIZE! Yes, finally this walking and dieting is paying off. My stomach feels so much smaller now, and I have lots more energy to get moving. I did something that I should have done long ago. I bought 2 outfits in my current size, got my hair highlighted, and have started sprucing myself up while dieting, AT MY CURRECT WEIGHT! Make yourselves feel better now, don't wait to loose weight to feel better about yourself and then plan to go buy new things. The improvement in having done something for yourself seems to spur you on to continue on your weight loss or general health improving status.

I lost 45 pounds at an earlier time. I BELIEVE the key to loosing weight starts in your head. Really I do. I used to get up and think, "I am going to act like I was thin, eat like I am thin, and start looking at clothes that make me feel good. I always used to slump into the I am fat, I can't do that, I look awful, Why bother? I am fat. It seemed that because I was fat, I didn't deserve a life, to have good things happen to me, or have fun!!!! That is the wrong way to think. Your thought life has a large part to play in how you lead your life, and what you get out of life. In fact, I read that in the Bible the other day. I believe the verse comes from Proverbs23:7 For as he thinketh in his heat, so is he.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Barb, you my dear friend are amazing. I could feel through that post how thrilled you are about your "Size" lost and I don't blame you but the positiveness you are feeling is absolutely fabulous. Really really thrilled for you. Big hug!
Love the bag, hope you manage to get the translation, is it all just little peggy squares?

Anonymous said...

I would love more information on that bag - it's really cute. I'm pretty handy at crocheting. Maybe I could help you out...?