Tuesday, April 7, 2009

July Swap!


I signed up for the Christmas in July swap. It will be loads of fun, I already have my idea in place and now will start to sketch it out. JoAnn Fabrics had 40% off the quilt batt today, so I decided to try the very thin, Bamboo. I also purchased more red batik for my project, it is a beautiful shade of red.

Yesterday I also tried something different in the line of free motion quilting. I put my sample sandwich between some embroidery hoops and started quilting. It worked beautifully and the stitches were almost perfect on the first try. I will show a sample tomorrow. I couldn't believe it. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely do this. A great tutorial on this type of machine quilting can be seen on www.ohfrannson.com .You need to go there as soon as possible and take a look. The quilting is courtesy of www.dontlooknow.typepad.com

No comments: